Monday, March 12, 2007

family blog intro...

About a year ago, I had in mind to start a Swindall family website. Instead, I ended up with this blog. For one thing, it's free! I think I've always valued family to some degree, but as I've gotten older I've come to value it much more. I remember days when it seemed that almost every nite we were visiting with aunts and uncles and their families. I miss those days. Anyways, since those days are gone and time and distance hinder us, I thought we could connect this way. I would like to share family news, pictures, recipes, stories, memories, future plans, hopes and dreams and other family interests. I thought I might also use this to remember and honor our family members who are gone for now. Maybe we could post remembrances of them on their birthdays or anytime for that matter. Our most recent loss was Aunt Nell. Her funeral was on January 27th. I used to live across the street from her, along with Uncle James and Grandma. Once she cut out a mama kangaroo and a baby kangaroo from a cloth print of them. She stuffed them and sewed them up for me. The mama even had a real pouch to carry the baby in. She would also let me pick out a llittle golden book or small toy when I went to the store with her. I usually picked a book. But, one time, after my Nanny had told me about washing her hair in Octagon soap, I scoured the store till finally I found it. I'll never forget the look on Nell's face! Then she laughed and laughed. I always liked to hear her laugh. By the way, I don't recommend the Octagon soap! More next time, Denise Rodriguez

No comments: